5.29.2008

Survey Results

I presented information about microloans to two senior economics classes, I also provided a brochure with information about the concept of microloans, and about the specific organizations. I had them fill out a survey to help me understand how much I was able to teach them, as well as see how many people were inspired to make a microloan. Here are the results of the in class surveys. 45 people were polled.

1. How much did you know about microloans before reading the brochure/hearing the presentation?
Percentage Breakdown- Alot- 8.9% Microloan? What's that?- 37.8%
Had heard of them- 35.6% A little- 17.8%



2. Are you Interested in making a microloan?
Percentage Breakdown- Yes- 11.1% No- 22.2%
Potentially- 60% I have no money- 6.7%



3. Which organization are you most interested in loaning with?
Percentage Breakdown- Kiva- 37.8% NamasteDirect- 35.6% FINCA- 26.7%



4. Do you believe microloans can change the world?

Percentage Breakdown- Yes- 44.4% I really don't know- 22.2%
No- 6.7% They can't hurt- 26.7%



5. How much did you know about microloans since reading the brochure/hearing the presentation?
Percentage Breakdown- Alot- 53.3% Microloan? What's that?-6.7%
A little- 40% Had heard of them- 0.0%


Comments-

I've already provided a microloan! It's a great idea. I've funded a supermarket in Chile and some others. :)

I <3>

I had never heard of microloans before this presentation. Now I believe they can be incredibly useful.

I don't know if they can change the world, but they sound promising.

Microloans are very interesting and more people should become party of this trend.

Microloans are a great way to slightly change poverty-stricken countries. Really poor to poor.

No comments: